Saturday, May 30, 2009

One Great Day

I was lucky enough to get to go to the Frankfurt temple today. Our young men and women attended this afternoon and the adults did an earlier session. Garrett was on call, so he couldn't go, instead he stayed home with our boys and 2 extras that we have on loan right now. I can't say how much I appreciated him watching 6 boys all day so I could go. It's been over a year since I've been able to go and I can't express the feeling of peace and comfort I felt as I sat down. My friend Leah and I were rushed, of course, to make it on time and a kind older man temple worker said as we entered, "We were waiting for you". As we hurried to get to the first room he said "It's o.k. , we've got all the time in the world." and gave us a big smile. I hope that's the kind of person that I turn out to be like when I grow up. I knew I needed the spiritual recharge, but I was overwhelmed by the feelings of just being there. Thanks for the great day, Leah. What a blessing to have a temple two and a half hours away and a husband who will help me get there!

14 comments:

Kerri said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Dan took the youth today and the girls and I stayed home and I actually am missing the chasing them around Nauvoo! The Temple is a great place!

angie said...

What a great experience. I never heard about how your YW/YM combined lesson went last month. I was curious if it was offensive to anyone? email me and let me know.

Denise said...

That is great you were able to go to the temple. It seems like us (who live close to a temple) really take it for granted. That temple was in my husbands mission and he has a few pictures by it. The greatest thing is the temple brings so much peace into our lives. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle and Nathan said...

I was just wondering earlier today if you will get a chance to see a temple in Rome while you are over there. Take lots of pictures. I am thrilled for you.

Heidi said...

That's great you got to go. But there's something wrong here. You're in Germany and I'm in the States and you have a temple closer to you than I do. Oh well. It really is amazing to see temples all over the world.

Leah's fun said...

Thanks for letting me go with you. Jewel and I had a great time. She talk her father and brothers ears off about the great time she had. and oh my all the questions she had or has. I told her she needs to ask her YW leaders and just leave me alone. hehe (I didn't do that).
She took it all in and can't want to go again soon.

literaqueen said...

I'm so glad you got to go, Heather. Maybe someday (like in the Millennium) we'll have temples right next door-- meanwhile, two and a half hours is an hour closer than my closest temple. Lucky . . .

[S Rizzle] said...

Heather! I just stumbled upon your blog today. Loved reading back about your German Adventures. The boys are getting so big! email me- I'd love to hear how you have been doing.
slcoleman99@yahoo.com

Fletch said...

Yay! Glad you had a nice day.

kati said...

I am so gald you got to go. I am hoping to get there sometime soon. I haven't been for a long time either! It is always nice to go and get the well filled back up for sure! Garrett is awesome for watching all the boys....see he didn't need to come Sunday he was blessed from watching those boys!HAHAHA

Andrea G. said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to go. I think we appreciate it more than ever when we've been deprived of it!

Did they have the headphones for you to listen in English? or was it an English session? Paul and I accidently went to a Spanish session once and had to wear headphones... it was really tricky, especially since it was small and they needed all of the couples in the prayer circle!

shay said...

You have had some fun lately, haven't you? I think you need to hand the camera over the Garrett or the boys every once in a while cuz I need to see my friend Heather! I miss her, SO MUCH!

The Yates Clan said...

I understand the feeling of not going for awhile. I remember as a missionary I committed "I'm going to go every week because these people can sometimes only afford to go once in their life!" Some commitment.

MegT said...

Heather, I am jealous of all your adventures! Everything looks so picturesque! Glad you are doing well...