Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


For Mother's Day I bought my mom and mother-in-law the latest book from "The Number 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series. I know, I know, we're in Germany and I send a book from Amazon.com--how lame, but all three of us truly love this series. I highly recommend these books. Some of my favorite people have told me that they "couldn't get into it" or that it "was boring" which illustrated personal character flaws that I am working on forgiving. I love you guys, but are you kidding, these are incredibly insightful, clever, humorous and morally sound literature which give us insight into the heart of Botswana and its people. Let's not be so shallow, shall we? Anywho, imagine my delight when I received a package for mother's day from my mother (she always gives us, her children, presents for mother's day. Isn't she cool?) which contained the entire series, including this most recent addition. Between the Lindt chocolates in my room that are screaming to be eaten and my new book, I might not sleep tonight!
So I just realized that I didn't tell you a whole lot about my whole little family and what they did for me for mother's day. This was the first year that each of my boys did something for me for mother's day. I got a card (which I couldn't read--it was all in German) from Mason and a card from Jacob. Jacob also made me a weaving project at school. It was done on nails on a wooden board with string which he has since "borrowed" back to use as a trampoline for his lego guys and Sam made me a heart ashtray, and Joseph has been picking me flowers all week and telling me happy mother's day. Garrett and I made homemade Greek pizza for dinner and listened to Elvis songs. I love cooking with Garrett because he likes to experiment with whatever spices he can find in the cupboards-- I'm much less exciting. It was a great day!

8 comments:

angie said...

I have only read the first one, and I really liked it. I will have to read the rest in the series! What a fun Mother's Day suprise. Did I see that they are starting a series on TV after these books, or am I just dreaming that?

Denise said...

That sounds like a great book, I'll have to try it out. Sounds like your mothers day was great.

Fletch said...

Hey, another post! Sweet! (You probably shouldn't post too often or you'll get my hopes up...just kidding.) Yeah, I liked the first book--you bought it for me, remember? I thought it was very clever how she solved the mysteries.

Michelle and Nathan said...

It must be genetic. I love the whole series. Mom is the best, although I wonder how your copy of the latest arrived in Germany before Sacramento? (It is promised, but I'm sure our crazy mom is totally busy with one of her all encompassing projects.)

literaqueen said...

I love these books, too! And dear Miss Heather, I still need your mailing address so I can send you your Christmas letter . . . e-mail me at shelob1@verizon.net!

Heidi said...

I love those books and have read all of them except the latest one. I've read most of his other books as well. What's wrong with your friends?! Oh yeah, I'm the weird one that doesn't like Twilight.

Shanna said...

I think my mom liked your present better than mine!
I love those books (even if I have only read a few). I think that says I have great moral character and am way awesome, huh?
Happy late mothers day Heather Pooh.

Andrea said...

I love the whole series! HBO recently turned it in to a TV show, and if you can get your hands on it- I think you would love it!