Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chim-Chiminey-Chim-Chim


Yesterday the chimney sweeps came to clean our chimney and I had to take a picture of their outfits. It must have been 80 degrees here and they still wore the traditional chimney sweep outfits--all black with a heavy black, gold buttoned jacket and top hat. If you see them in town the guy is twisting the chimney cleaner-thing (resting on his right shoulder) around and around--it must be like twirling the umbrellas in Seinfeld to drum up business.

7 comments:

Sasha said...

Oh my gosh, aren't they so cool! My mom has a picture of (I think) that same guy! He must laugh about the silly Americans taking his picture all the time! But hey, how can he say no to such cute American girls! ;)

Heidi said...

We just listened to that song in the van today -- how fun to have a slice of Mary Poppins in real life! Now if only you could get your hands on a bag like hers...

angie said...

Cool! Did you break into song instantly when you saw them? You know I would be singing right along with you, if I was there!

thecherries said...

I'm in the mood to watch Mary Poppins now and click my heels.

'Cause I likes what I likes, and I likes what I do...'

Fletch said...

Wow, eighty degrees in those get-ups and they're smiling! What good sports!

likeschocolate said...

I almost could not believe that Chimmeny sweeps really existed like in Mary Poppins. I laughed when I saw one for the first time when I was visiting my MIL.

literaqueen said...

The man chimney sweep kinda looks like Neal Jones, doncha think?