Sunday, February 22, 2009

Some noteworthy drawings

Joseph drew the following picture the other day which I have titled "A B". Let me explain what he said to me. The picture that I have drawn an orange circle around is a giant bee. (We've been really into giant things lately like giant squid.) A man--I've circled him with blue, sees the giant bee and yells (in the green circle " A B", and then shoots a bullet at it (in the purple circle). Joe was so proud of himself, he said, "Look mom I wrote 2 words!" It was too cute.
The second picture was done by Mason. We are working on getting Sam and Jacob's Gospel in Action goals started and done within the next month since they turn 10 in March (yes, I know that they should have been working on this all year, but where is the challenge in actually getting things done on time, when you could really make it a difficult, trying experience). Today we did a goal where they read D&C 89 about the Word of Wisdom and had to teach it to someone else--we decided it would be Joe. Mason hates being left out of the older boy scene, so he participated too. The boys drew pictures to explain the Word of Wisdom to Joe and what it was all about. Mason drew 2 guys at the top of his picture--the one who obeys the Word of Wisdom is happy and smiling. The other guy is throwing up! Need I say more?


9 comments:

literaqueen said...

Awesome. Gospel teaching in action!

angie said...

I love it! I absolutely love it when kids start getting interested in writing. Phonetic spelling is my favorite!
When do they start gospel in Action? I don't even know these things. I'm still trying to find time to do the whole scouting thing :)

Andrea G. said...

Seriously, a picture says a thousand words... or a whole story, right?! I love seeing the boys' pictures.

Good luck with the Gospel in Action thing... I'm sure you're up for the challenge! ha,ha. Since when have we ever gotten things done ahead of time?!

Fletch said...

Hahaha! That's so funny! I love it!

Oh, Laura says she is reading "Aliens Ate My Homework" and "My Teacher is an Alien" and "My Teacher Flunked the Planet."

Nancy K said...

Hi! The blog you left the comment on is not my family one-it is the one that Brooke Oldroyd started as a blog magazine, but tapered off rather quickly. My family blog is private so I need your email to invite you and I don't seem to have yours. so email me at nancyhkirk@gmail.com and I will send you an invite! Miss you!

kendra said...

Photographers AND artists! Wow you've got some talented kiddos!

By the way I feel like I suck sometimes too - I do that same stuff to Cameron. It's just so hard to be a mom because your work never ends. At least when they have bad days they have co-workers to help fix stuff up. Who do we have - whiney kids and husbands. Makes me feel like a loser too when I realize how much pressure I put on Cameron. But really, that's what guys are made for, they can handle it!

Shanna said...

Those are such great pictures! I miss always seeing their amazing drawings.

Elise and Trevor said...

I love the pictures. I can't wait for Tori to start drawing pictures that have a bit of a story behind them.

Melissa: said...

Oh my heck those are so cute! I totally cracked up when I saw the picture of the puking guy!