Friday, February 6, 2009

Recent Wood Funnies

So I just finished reading "The Host" and take a look at the back of Joe's neck. Should I be worried?



The other day, in his sweetest, most loving voice Mason said, "Mom, you're a really good mom--I mean, I don't know of anything you should have to go to jail for right now." (I think the "right now" part is key--it could go either way in a day or two from now!)




Jacob told one of our friends, Jewel Weigand, that Garrett was gone this week to teach spies how to do their own dental work so that when they're undercover they can do it for themselves. Jewel asked yesterday, "When does Garrett get back from teaching the spies to brush their own teeth?"



The other night Garrett came into the kitchen to polish off some cake I'd made a few days before. Sam came in the kitchen and Garrett said he was sorry if he'd eaten all the dessert and the boys hadn't gotten any. I said it was o.k. that the boys had eaten a different dessert. Garrett asked Sam what they'd eaten and Sam put on his saddest face and answered, "It's o.k. you ate all that cake Dad, we kids shared a cookie for our dessert!"




Can you see Joe's Spiderman slippers (Hausschuhe auf Deutsch) in this pix? The other day he asked me "How do you say Hausschuhe in German?" I have re-soled his Spiderman slippers two times already. I've never had a kid wear his slippers so much to wear them out twice and still demand that I fix the old ones again instead of just getting a new pair. Every other kid at his school leaves their slippers at school--he insists that we bring them home each day and take them again the next morning.





4 comments:

Fletch said...

Wow, you've set a high standard for the rest of us moms. I, certainly, ought to have been put in jail this week.

literaqueen said...

Yeah, not getting put in jail is a pretty good criterion for quality motherhood. I think resewing slipper soles twice oughta count for something, too.

angie said...

I love the things kids come up with! Love the spiderman slippers...I think the impressive part is that you know how to fix them! You are a good mother :)

Shanna said...

What funny boys. Don't let them grow up too much while you are gone! I hate missing all the great things they say and do.