Friday, February 20, 2009

Because if anyone sucks, it's me.


Lately I've been pretty whiney to my sweetheart--let's just say he's had to put up with alot and then he not only continues to do all the wonderful stuff he usually does, he steps it up a notch. So I'd like to say, even though he'll probably never read this "If anyone sucks, it's me." Two days ago I was so sick with the stomach flu I lost ten pounds in one day. Garrett got the kids ready for school and took them and then left work--he never skips out on work--at lunch just to pick up the kids and then took them to an overpriced indoor waterpark all day so I could rest without them waking me up. He brought pizza home for the kids for dinner and got them in bed. Yesterday I had a huge group of women over for Bunco and he watched our kids and my friend's kids, so we could have girl time. Did I mention I ruined his 4 day weekend last week making him do stuff around the house while I was being uptight about what my bunco group would think of my house? I'll just stamp a big "L" on my forehead right now. Then, he woke up early this morning with the same thing that I had 2 days before. Did he get to stay in bed all day and whine and moan and carry on? No, he's at work today feeling like crap (literally), and I'm feeling like a total shmuck. It's funny because whenever I choose to complain about someone doing something that bugs me like say, being judgemental, it always comes back to hit me in the face, that it's really my problem. So, let me repeat my new motto: if anyone sucks, it's me.

12 comments:

Denise said...

I too have a great husband who takes care of a ton. Aren't we blessed. Sorry to hear about the flu-I'd love to lose 10 lbs., but not that way. Hope you are feeling better.

Fletch said...

Yeah, I need to make that my motto, too.

But it must be said: if anyone deserves a husband who takes care of them that way, it is you. (You always went out of your way to take such good care of us...and everyone else in the world while you were at it.) I guess what goes around comes around.

kati said...

No one would judge you about your home....we all just love hangin' out!!!! That is awesome for you sorry he has this yucky junk now....it is a epidemic here! Let me know if we can do anything! Love you guys!

angie said...

Oh, that is a harsh motto...You do not suck. I think we all have our moments! I definately find myself being way to serious about life sometimes. I am so very sorry about the sickness. I really don't think there is anything worse than the stomach flu. I hope none of the kids get it. Good job, Garrette! You are a great husband to help out when your wife is down!

shay said...

What a good guy! It's so hard being sick and a mom. It's nice when "Dad" picks up the slack. I hope you're feeling better. Now I guess it's your turn to take care of him!

Heidi said...

Heather, you're awesome. I can't imagine living your life.

I'm missing you these days. I'm having such a hard time getting myself out of bed to run in the mornings. I always think "if only I had a Heather here to help motivate me".

Kasey said...

I have to agree, garrett is the greatest husband, dad, friend, and lover that I know. Can't wait for you guys to move back to the states. I will build room in the pedo practice for him.


Matt

literaqueen said...

You do not suck, Heather. You just have an amazing husband who takes care of you when you need it. So there!

By the way, I want to be linked into your blog! Here's my blog address: www.bensonrandomness.blogspot.com

Andrea G. said...

I think you're AWESOME Heather. Don't get me wrong... Garr is pretty great too, and I'm really glad he takes such great care of you and the boys. I think we all have those times. I've been slapped in the face by my own doing many times.

You could probably appreciate one of Paul's favorite 'compliments': "It doesn't suck." I'd like to throw that one your way... You don't SUCK! Besides, you just made me laugh really hard.

Shanna said...

Are you still married to my brother?!?! What a nice guy. But I have to say in your defense he is really lucky too. You are a great mom and wife and sister-in-law!

Andrea G. said...

Mom just read your post and laughed. She said she should tell you, "If anyone sucks, 'it is I.'" Typical, isn't it!? ha,ha.

thecherries said...

Finally, you've seen the light. Ha! Now, can I join your club too? Anything to be close to my Heather. *wink wink* Big hugs to Garrett for being so sweet and a golden star to you for dropping 10 pounds in one day. Chocolates for everyone!!

LOVE YOU!