Monday, July 14, 2008

Here at Hollenzollern Castle

so, here we are at Hollenzollern Castle, we may still look shell-shocked or perhaps just jet-lagged. We got to Germany on Tuesday and fought falling asleep. We're all working on adjusting to Germany--it feels like we're in a foreign country, if you can believe it! We visited the castle with our new friends, the McLeans, on the Saturday after we arrived here. Garrett will be working with Steve McLean at the dental clinic. The bottom picture shows our little Kings, Sam, Jacob, Mason, Joe and McLean boys--Cole and Kade. The McLeans really have been great to help us transition--thank you, thank you, thank you! Despite the excitement of our adventure and and beautiful places we get to see we still miss our friends and family so much--it feels like we're a half a world away. Oh wait, we are!




6 comments:

Andrea said...

Heather- I am so jealous! I can tell you that the scenery in Ohio looks nothing like that! I am glad that you guys have already met some friends, and I hope the transition continues to be a smooth one!

literaqueen said...

Hurray, you're there! Well, except that "there" is far away from here-- not that West Virginia's ever going to be "here" for you. Happy transitioning! Enjoy the adventure!

Fletch said...

OH MY GOSH! You live there? WOW! The boys look so cute. Oh...I'm sad just thinkin' about you so far away. I wish my kids could have been pictured along side yours, like they have been in so many other pictures. Oh...sad. We miss you. By the way, did you call? WHEN was that? WHERE were you calling from? Sorry I missed it.

How are you enjoying everything? I can't wait for more, more, MORE posts! (...once you settle in, of course.)

Heidi said...

So excited to see a new post on your blog -- glad you made it in one piece. Also so looking forward to experiencing your adventure vicariously, as do all faint-of-heart like me. Hope you are settling in.

Andrea G. said...

AHHHH! I'm soooo jealous. I officially hate you now! :) Okay, Europe looks awesome and I miss you guys so stinkin' much. I guess it's good to get an overview of all the places you'll be taking us when we come to visit though, right?! We love you. Tell the boys Tess misses them and says "Hi." She's the only one they really care about anyway! ;)

thecherries said...

HI. Have we met? I'm Insanely Jealous. What the heck? Could I have moved there? Unbelievable. I feel like it's been forever, and by the two extra boys you've adopted in the picture, it has! Joe? Jace is on his way, don't hold your breath though. It'll be year until we meet again. *sighs and goes back to looking at all the fun the Cherry family isn't having in Europe*