Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Serious Santa Oversight




Today is St. Nikolaus Tag--Santa Claus day. Last night children in Germany put their shoes on the front porch and then Santa came and left either sweets in their shoes, if they've been good, or straw in their shoes if they've been bad. It was evident to Garrett and me that they'd be getting straw, an especially harsh punishment for Jacob who has severe hay fever. Best case scenario it would be a 50/50 mix of straw and treats. However, due to an unexplained Santa oversight they each received a large bag of wrapped German chocolates. In the picture Garrett is video taping this rare phenomenon of Santa stupidity. The only thing we can figure is Santa was unaware the previous renters had moved.

3 comments:

shay said...

What are you talking about? They totally deserve the chocolate!

Fletch said...

Santa always foils our best disciplinarian tactics, too. Crazy old man.

literaqueen said...

Do you guys have one of those cool flip video cameras? I keep trying to get a message to Santa that I want one, but I think he doesn't come to Morgantown-- or at least not my house. I'm worried-- there's a lot of coal here . . .