Monday, October 13, 2008

"Yours is Glorious Country, Honeychurch!"

There is no other word for this Fall in Germany except glorious. On Saturday we went for a walk in the woods behind our house and later that day hiked with Joe and Mason to the Urbach waterfalls only about 25 minutes away while Sam and Jacob went to a birthday party. When I got home from the waterfalls I realized I hadn't taken any pix of the actual waterfalls, only the trees surrounding the falls, but they speak for themselves. Once again, I must say that my brilliant husband needs his own photo studio--his pictures are much better than this! Sunday afternoon we went for a drive through the countryside to look at leaves and ended up in a grape vineyard. It was so picturesque that I decided to try the luscious-looking grapes. I now know where the term, "Sour Grapes" comes from. I think my face still hasn't stopped puckering.

The boys each wanted to take pictures too. This is a picture Sam took of us in the grape vineyard. Last week they all wanted to work for the LEGO company. As of this morning, they have each told me that they have decided to be photographers. This doesn't include Joe of course who is still holding out for a "Darth Vader's Apprentice" position.
I've corrupted my children. I picked an apple from a tree in one of the orchards we were photo-ing, and let them do the same. It'll probably come back to haunt me since they fertilize the trees with "natural" fertilizer and I'll probably get Giardhea---again.


3 comments:

Fletch said...

Darn, I wish you would have caught the "sour grapes" moment on camera.

And you'll have to keep us updated on your giardia status. Definitely blog-worthy stuff there.

shay said...

I love the pictures! Seeing you brought tears to my eyes! I miss you so much!! You look great and happy! Love you!

literaqueen said...

No more giardhia! You're done with that particular opposition- once in a lifetime is plenty.

Now Hanta virus is another story . . .