Friday, January 14, 2011

The New Year and Resolutions

Joseph brought home a worksheet from school today, outlining his New Year's resolutions. They have inspired me to make some of my own resolutions.
Joe's resolution for school was: Do recess. His personal goal was: Play video games more.
I can see now that I've had it all wrong--the purpose of resolutions is to make achievable goals. No more guilt, no more ridiculous flights of fancy--it's all about attainable.
My goals for the upcoming year:
Make chocolate a part of every meal.
Drink 3 cans of Coke zero a day.Coca Cola Zero 02.jpg
Wear sweats more often.
Show up to church during the opening song and walk to the the front pew.
Resist vacuuming the cars.
Sleep more.
Let the kids play more video games.

I'm feeling better already. I think this new plan can really work for me.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Those are great resolutions!! I particularly like the chocolate one. Thanks again for our yummy German chocolate. I savor every morsel!!!

shay said...

I love it!

Andrea G. said...

My kind of resolutions! :) I think I could actually accomplish every one of those with minimal effort! ha, ha!