Thursday, November 20, 2008

Halloween--German Style

















The night before Halloween our ward had a party with the German ward that meets in our building. Sam was a Punk zombie, Jacob and Mason both wanted to be Indiana Jones so we had two Indiana Jones' and Joseph was Iron Man. Garrett dressed up as Edward--I mean a vampire.





















On Halloween we went with our friends, the Weigands, to Legoland, only an hour and a half away--are you thinking of visiting us now? Poor Garrett had to stay and work but we had the entire week off--every six weeks the German schools get one week off. We had a great time riding on the Bionicle rides, the Dragon castle and many more rides. Also, seeing their huge lego display of Europe.



















Can you believe this castle below is made completely of legos?At Legoland they completely understood our lego needs, down to the last details. I had to take a pix of these WC signs--they were just too funny.






The boys also loved visiting their gift shop where you could put together your own special blend of legos and buy them by the kilo. Truly a dream come true for my boys who plan to design legos when they grow up! It was so cold--mostly just I was freezing. The boys even rode some of the rides that splash you which was truly crazy--we'll have to come here again in the summer when it's enjoyable to be splashed. As you can see, we barely escaped Lego Land but are more than willing to dare to do it again.







4 comments:

Shanna said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy you posted some Halloween pictures. I was hoping you would. I actually still have one of the boys from Halloween 2006(?) still hanging inside my spice cupboard.
And if you wondered, I do still miss all of you terribly.
Oh, and sorry about the rat. That is DIS-GUS-TING!!!

Fletch said...

Those restroom signs were choice!

literaqueen said...

I wouldn't have just taken a picture of the signs; I would have "borrowed" them for my house. They are hilarious!

thecherries said...

Garrett = my hero