Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Four Food Groups

I'm a little worried that my readers may be fearing my family is malnourished due to the constant mention of chocolate in my blogs, so I just wanted to reassure you that we are hitting the four food groups: Dairy--chocolate ice cream and hot chocolate; breads and cereals--nougat bits (see pix) a cereal which is crunchy chocolate on the outside with a fudgy chocolate middle or nutella type spread on bread; protein--let's not all be stupid it is called a cocoa bean, right, which, by the way, should also count for vegetables. With all this healthy eating, we occassionally sneak in a dessert, such as a chocolate bar or other such chocolate treats, which really can't be that bad for you if they are milk chocolate (emphasis on milk) and brimming with antioxidants. I think I'll go eat healthy some more.

14 comments:

Fletch said...

I'm right there with ya. For breakfast I had cocoa crispies with a side of chocolate chips. (I'm not kidding and you know it.)

shay said...

I need to come to Germany! It sounds so yummy! Whenever I eat Chocolate, I think of you Heather!

Kerri said...

Hey I had oatmeal for breakfast...what is my problem? I have been checking out your blog it sounds like you are having so much fun! Wish we could be there!

Kerri said...

ps I am blogging check it out iowawhitneys.blogspot.com

[JennyB] said...

Hi, Heather! I just found your blog through a friend! I'm so glad you guys are doing well and having fun! I would like to invite you to my blog, but don't have your e-mail address. E-mail me and I'll e-mail ya back. jennifersbradley[at]hotmail[dot]com

Nancy K said...

HI found your blog on Kindra's. You make me laugh!
Miss you!
Nancy

MegT said...

Sounds good to me!

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

You forgot the chocolate croissants! Chocolate in Germany is rad and definitely tastes better than in the states - it makes up for all of the other crap food that they make around here.

Andrea G. said...

Sign me up for that diet. That's one I could stick to! Yummy. Save some delicious European chocolate for us... we'll save some crappy US chocolate for you :) Ha,ha.

literaqueen said...

Hey, I'll bring you a cup of blueberries if you bring me some German chocolate. Deal?

kendra said...

UMMM... So Cam's asking for details about Germany - you are really making it hard for me to find reasons to not "put in" for time there. Seriously, Cameron wants to go so bad. I guess if I could eat chocolate everyday it might not be so bad. Plus I'd even get my own meat slicer and twin bed! I guess I could handle that for three years. Good luck finding an apartment - do you have your stuff yet?

Katie T. said...

So,you just justified the piece of choclate cake that I ate for breakfast...thanks! Save some chocolate for us when we get there!

Carmell said...

That sounds like my kind of eating! Yum!

Koni Frost said...

I didn't know you had a blog. It was so fun reading and getting updated on what you and your family have been up to. I'm glad you made it over there! It looks like your having fun adventures! I want to go there... and your pictures look amazing!

take care. Koni :)